Sunday, July 24, 2011

This Week...

Day 23 Monday July 18th: So there was school today also...like every weekday. After school Uyen, Tatiana, Nhi, Izzy and I went shopping at the Ewha/Sincheon area.  It was pretty fun and then after shopping Uyen, Tatiana and I had some lappokki which was delicious. :)

Tuesday July 19th (Day 24): We went to the Changokbung Palace today with our supporters. It was a big group with the three other supporters along with our supporter Kang-yoo. On top of the supporters we also had YES International people tag along (Hyemin and Youngmin). Man it was really hot today...every time we stopped during the tour ^We would all look for shade. I thoroughly entertained myself by picking on Youngmin ㅋㅋㅋ. It was quite entertaining. One of the supporters (Sun) decided I have split personalities when I speak English and when I speak Korean. Eventually we lost the tour guide although I'm pretty sure we paid for the tour. On top of that we didn't get to go to the Secret Garden (Huwon) because it cost extra and we had like no time. Anyway, after our escapade at the palace we went to eat lunch at this random place called the 김밥창구 or something close to that. Practically everyone at my table got the 왕동짜수 (king cutlet)...anyway. After lunch half of us were waiting in the relatively cool subway area while I have no idea what happened to the other half of the group for that 15 minutes. While we were down there some of us exchanged money while others just stood around. I forget what I said but Youngmin almost made my face a different shape...so I don't think I'll be saying whatever I said. I tend to say things in Korean that make people want to "hurt" me aka clever things no one else in the group can say (like you have to step on people to get to the top---->Mishil quote from Queen Seon Deok). Anyway, we got on the orange line and then off for the transfer to the green line. While we were waiting for the transfer Kyungnam and his friend showed up. Talk about random coincidence. He asked me about Youngmin and I said Yongmin was better than him and he hit me -_- maybe I should stop saying things to purposely mess with people ...or not. It's fun. Anyway, Kyungnam said he would help me figure out Kakao talk which seriously that app is super annoying. All of us in that part of the subway had a mini Spanish conversation in which I made myself sound like I speak Spanish well...which I don't. But anyway- success. Then we went to school where they made me switch classes again. AGAIN. Ima get this fixed soon... So then after class I ended up going with people to YES International to practice for the "talent show" this weekend. I have no talents aka there is no available piano/violin for me to play then so I'm doing something with Easter eggs. Anyway, then Kyungnam showed up and since some specific people caused a ruckus on Monday, he had to stay during their practice but he and I made a deal where I'd clean up and lock up and in return he promised to buy dinner one day...we'll see how that goes haha. Anyway, as promised I did everything properly and now he owes me. After practice I ended up walking the streets of 홍대 at night in order to find something to eat while Caroline texted some random number about "doing it" as a joke and really I don't know what else. I ended up going home instead of eating at the pasta Italian place because I didn't want to get on the subway at like 10:30 and end up walking home at midnight. So that was what happened on Tuesday and this entry ended up being really long because I'm writing it on my hour long subway ride and I'm about to get off on the next stop so I think timing wise I did a good job.  

Wednesday, July 20th Day 25: After school Valerie, Caroline and I went exploring in 남대문 which wasn't that great but there was some interesting stuff there. Then Dean showed up and we all got lost in 홍대 trying to find food .ㅠㅠ We finally did find food though thank goodness.  I didn't eat all day...it is too hot to want to eat. 

Thursday, July 21 Day 26: 깡유언니, Caroline and I went to 남산 Tower after school. It was really pretty there and we saw the love locks on the fence too.  Then we ate at this famous restaurant and then Caroline went somewhere while 깡유언니 and I went shopping in Myeongdong. It was pretty fun.

Friday, July 22nd Day 27: We had the mid program evaluation today which was just informative and all. Afterwards we had lunch and after school I met my cousin 인선. She took me shopping and then I ate raw sushi for the first time at this sushi buffet restaurant. After that we split ways. It was pretty fun hanging out with her.

Bucheon Camp this weekend with everyone. I'll post separately for it :)  

1 comment: