Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trois Jours

No...sorry to disappoint but I'm not going to France let alone do I know any French (quite a pity I must say).

So...This morning I FINALLY got my host family information.  I'm living in a district of Seoul called Songpa-gu.  It's south-east of the Han River and also...*drum roll please* an hour and ten minutes away from Sogang. ...-_-;....Yeah...uh...that's an hour and ten minutes on a subway system that ranks #3 in the World by usage.  My long lost dream of getting lost on a subway is finally going to come true.  Anyway, not going to complain (I'm not...trust me.). 

Songpa-gu was at the center of the 1988 Seoul Olympics so it has many Olympic-ish things in the area (Olympic Park, Outdoor Art Statue Garden, the Olympic sports facilities, etc.).  '

Songpa-gu is also historically important being the 500-year-old capital of Baekje (one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea)  Oh, did I mention.  I'm going to be living pretty much right across the street from all of this. (hehe) Also- Lotte World is very very close to Songpa-gu.  AMUSEMENT PARK :D  Lotte World is the World's largest indoor amusement park.  There's also an ice rink and many other features not to mention the outdoor attractions.

My host family consists of a father, a mother, and a daughter (aka my host sister) who is 22 (23 in Korea because of the system they use for age).  She's a college student and so far from what I know, she seems like a very outgoing and nice person.  I'm lucky to have an older host sister (many people have younger siblings and as adorable as they are, they can't really take you places)...hopefully she'll take me exploring in Seoul!  She just ended her 7th semester in college last week so besides her internship, she should (hopefully) be free. We'll see though. 

As for my host parents...not much is known about them because they speak almost no English.  Greeeatttttt.
Stay tuned to watch Diane's Failure in 6 Weeks... entertainment you can't get on TV. Legit.

On a side note, I finally started packing...I think I have too much to pack in a suitcase.  I decided on one suitcase (not to mention the carry-on and purse) and if I need room on the way back, I'll just buy a bag and stash some things in there.  Of course, I may end up mailing big fat large ginormous K-Pop posters to a certain crazy Big Bang/UKISS/B2ST/Everykpopboybandinthehistoryofwhatshethinksiscute fan girl.

ANDDD => I got my new camera today!

Took the picture using my iPhone.  No, there is not that big white dot on the actual camera.  That was the flash on my iPhone.  Don't complain people.

I'm afraid this post was a bit too long...sorry for boring everyone but hey- you made the decision to read this not me :P

2 comments:

  1. Lmao. What is this? Diane posted without me telling her to? Niceee. And thanks... -__- even if it's true, no need to tell everyone...

    P.S Good job on the French. I'm proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farzi we all knew that xD! Hey Dino don't forget count chocula if it exists there! jk!

    ReplyDelete