Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BOOO TO LEAVING!

Monday August 1st (Day 37)

Today I had lunch with 혜미샘.  She took me to this place that had all sorts of good food with their specialty being different kinds of fried rice.  It was pretty good.  We sat there and talked while we also enjoyed our meals.  I really like her. She's super nice and rather funny and calm.  She reminds me of like a person at a Buddhist temple hitting a gourd...don't ask how I got this image.  I feel like I got to know her better from the day at the youth hostel before I got picked up to the day she called me over to the YES Int'l office to now.  Next week we are going to go eat some pasta and get sticker pictures (hehehe sticker pictures). She is definitely going to be one of the several people I will miss the most at the end of this trip.  After school Nhi, Robbie and I went to go find a hair salon for Robbie and Nhi to get their hair cut.  While Nhi got her hair cut, Robbie and I went for some burgers which actually were pretty good.  Then I made yet another impulse buy and bought some shoes...eh heh...

I really need to go get gifts and finish shopping.  How is school in two weeks?  Why am I leaving Korea in two weeks?  I don't ever want to leave.  If only...

On a side note, my digital perm is holding up ^^

Tuesday August 2nd (Day 38)

So yesterday we went ice skating.  I got booted off the subway at Sindorim which sucked because I've never had to do a transfer there.  It was quite confusing too since I didn't know where to go but I found out where to go eventually.  We got to the ice rink and we rented ice skates.  It was actually rather convenient because the skates had adjustable straps instead of laces.  The bad part though was that the whole skate was made out of plastic so it was rather heavy and it slightly hurt my legs.  It was fun though.  I skated around and for a while I helped 선 언니 too.  Then we went to eat at the Hyundai Department store...which was chaotic.  I ended up eating ramen (nomnom).  Then we got to school late since the subway was slow at arriving at the station.  Our teacher was perfectly fine with it though.  She is really nice and calm.  (personally I like her more than our second teacher...ㅋㅋㅋ). I also liked my first teacher in my first class before I switched.  She was really entertaining.  Anyway, after school we went to 동대문 where I ended up buying a dress, a thin jacket and a watch.  Now you may ask why a watch?  Well. Everyone who is anyone in Korea wears a watch.  I'm not even kidding. I've seen lots of Americans wear watches but it's nothing compared to Korea.  So I bought a watch but as soon as I bought that one, I saw one I liked better :/ but it is okay because this one is pretty.  Anyway.  I also bought presents for my friends.  It's not all that great but I think they'll like it.  On a side note, I looked at the list of who I have together presents for and I still need a lot more.  Bah. We'll see how his goes.

Wednesday August 3rd (Day 39)

I think I'm going to have an ice cream waffle for lunch.  Yum.  Man, only 11 days left? This is getting really depressing. 

Yeah I went shopping at Ewha after school and bought pretty much all the random gifts I had to get for people.  Mission accomplished but wallet = sad

Thursday August 4th (Day 40)

On my way to the Hanok village and I just got kicked off the subway AGAIN. I really hate these shady transfer areas. 

The Hanok village was really fun.  We looked at all the places and saw the time capsule thing that is to be opened when Seoul turns 1000 years old.  Then we went and tried on hanboks and we took pictures in them also.  I'm using at least one of the pictures for my soon to be wide collection of senior pictures.  After school Nhi, Tai, Robby and I went to Insadong. Nhi and I lost Robby and Tai for a while but they found us and we went to go eat at some random restaurant where we "rated" people...it was awkward but quite entertaining.

Friday August 5th (Day 41)

Today Caroline and I went to Olympic Park and we rented a two people bike and we biked around.  It was a side by side bike with like shade above the bike and a steering wheel.  It was quite fun and difficult going uphill and trying not to end up in the lake going down hill.  Then we ate at Lotteria and then headed toward school where Caroline just had to ask everyone if she is ugly or not...(oh Caroline). Anyway, after school Caroline, Valerie, Dean, Ellen and I went to Dongdaemun where we went shopping and then ate at a restaurant. After eating there, Ellen and I got the fish shaped bread things (boongohpang) which was filled with blueberries and then came with ice cream.  It was quite delicious.  Then we watched some admittedly cute guys breakdance on a stage and some other guys freestyle.  It was pretty cool.  Tomorrow I'm going to Lotte World with a lot of people including my supporter.  Then we will be going to the Banpo Rainbow Bridge.  It lights up at night ^^

Saturday August 6th (Day 42)

Today I went to Lotte World with Kangyou, Caroline, Nhi, Kaitlyn, Emma, Hajin, Valerie, Hajin's brother and Hajin's friend (guy).  We spent like 13 hours there riding all the rides and having fun.  I have to say, one highlight on this trip was when we rode the gyrodrop (which is just a really tall drop tower and I was sitting next to Hajin's friend (I don't really know his name since we all referred to him as "oppa") and I was also sitting next to Kangyou who was going "WHY AM I DOING THIS I HATE THIS RIDE OMGOMGOMG" and while this was going on to my left, Oppa was freaking out but trying to be manly but in the end he grabbed my hand and pulled it toward him and held it as the drop tower reached the top and went down by the force of gravity and magnets.  It was pretty funny because he tried to act chill afterwards.  He really doesn't like heights because he was flipping out on the Viking Ship and I happened to be sitting next to him.  It was hilarious.  :D. I also enjoyed the safari adventure, "ATULANTISU" or also known as Atlantis, Sindbad (boat ride) and a few other rides also.  The rollercoaster indoors was pretty awesome too.  We did a 360 loop which is always fun.  We left after the "Snow Party" where fake snow fell down from the sky.  Truly magical ;) 

Sunday August 7th (Day 43)

Oh my gosh.  Next week I will be back in Indiana...WHYYYY? 왜???  I mean sure I miss everyone and all but Korea is just so amazing.  It is going to be hard to leave.  So today I went to my aunt's house again and we all went out for lunch with my other aunt, uncle, etc.  It was pretty fun/tasty.  After that I went shopping ...yet again. This time for makeup, and paper.  Then I had dinner there at my aunt's house.  When I got back home I started to pack T T...

Monday August 8th (Day 44) 

I tried folding my umbrella before I got on the bus and       IT BROKE.  Stupid typhoon winds.  I threw it away and now I need to buy an umbrella in the subway station...I really do.  Gar.  Korea is eating my umbrellas up.  One is rusty, one I left at the hair salon and one the typhoon winds broke.  Anyway, they sell umbrellas practically everywhere...I'm sure I'll find one...somewhere.  Hopefully.  Anyway, tonight I'm having dinner with 혜미샘 and ...STICKER PICTURES.  On a side nite, there's some middle aged guy who was doing push ups using the subway bar and some foreign gorilla-esque man jumped in front of this old Korean lady for a seat lol...and her husband is just following her around as she tries to find a seat.  More later ^^

Nhi just told me a hilarious story I think I need to mention.  There was this FOB Chinese girl that came to her class in 2nd grade and she couldn't speak any English.  So they made Nhi sit next to her as some sort of translator (Nhi is Vietnamese)...so racist lol. Just a random edition hehe. 

So I got to the YES Int'l office and typed my 6 weeks reflection paper and then 혜미샘 and I walked to the pasta shop and had delicious pasta.  Man, I don't usually eat pasta but that pasta was amazing.  Then we had ice cream too.  We sat there and talked for a while and then we went for sticker pictures. ㅋㅋㅋ 혜미샘 looked like a kid in a candy store as she messed with all the machines.  She hadn't been in one of those shops in 5 years ㅎㅎㅎ but anyway we had fun taking and decorating those pictures.   If anyone sees those pictures, 샘's image will be changed for life.  Anyway, she also stuck one on the wall...which the next time I come to Korea we will come and find.  She also said she would take me to Caribbean Bay.  We shall see what the future entails.  Tomorrow/today = surprise attack! ㅋㅋㅋ

Tuesday August 9th (Day 45)

So this morning we went to work on our presentation with our lovely supporter at this cafe called Minto.  It was a pretty classy outdoorsy cafe with several floors and private study rooms.  There was a cute guy that looked like Micky Yoochun there too.  Anyway we worked on all that stuff and then we went to go buy a cake at Baskin Robbins which I paid for (and Caroline later contributed 10%).  Anyway, so then we randomly ran into 선언니's group and we all ended up eating at the Hyundai Department store.  I got some Japanese ramen which didn't taste all that great honestly.  겅현오빠 agreed.  Anyway, so then we called 구슬샘 and told her Caroline was sick and needed to go to the hospital but she didn't believe it and refused to meet us at 서강.  So then 혜미샘 said she would try helping us but that didn't work out too well and 구슬샘 said we should enjoy the ice cream cake without her and that she was "sorry."  I told her i would hate her forever if she didn't show up.  So basically I'm feeling cruddy now because I bought a cake for nothing. I didn't feel great at all.  So we did the cake and we video taped it...and everyone ate the cake.  It was a very interesting ice cream cake.  Then, we went to class and sat in class and did a practice test.  I don't know...I just didn't feel too great about buying an expensive cake for nothing.  Then after the practice test ended we had break so I walked out and went to the lounge area and 구슬샘 was there and I saw her and then gave her the look and started to walk back and I would have kept going had she not called me.  I found it to be a tad rude to completely ignore her so I just went back and then I started to leave and then I had to go back.  She had me sit next to her for a while and I was just like ........ Seriously.  Anyway, then she dragged me away (attempting to cool my underlying anger) ...yeah not working out too well.  Anyway, I went into my class and sat there and then said she wouldn't leave until I smiled/laughed.  I told her that wasn't possible and that she should just leave but she was very ...persistent. Lol I  said I had to go to the bathroom (look at the mirror haha)  Anyway, she decided to follow me there too as I attempted to do damage control on my face. :P  Then I went to go get water and she decided she had to get me water and stick it down my throat.  .... -_-* yeah and then she asked me if I was still angry and I said that earlier I said I would be angry for life and she said 뻥을친다 which I cracked up because she used 뻥...anyway.  Then I went back to my class and sat there.  Anyway, after all that Nhi, Valerie and I went to go try on wedding dresses at this one cafe.  Dean and Tai came too and then left to avoid paying.  We tried them on and then took tons of pictures.  After that we went shopping and I got a white shirt that should have been shipped to me by now but alas it is backordered.  Anyway, while I was shopping for that white shirt, 구슬샘 called I guess to check up on what I was doing.  I told her I was at 이대 waiting to get kidnapped and then she asked me if I was still mad and I told her that I was planning on being mad forever.  She told me that it wouldn't happen and I said that 혜미샘 is nicer to me anyway and then I told her how much fun we had yesterday.  Anyway, she said she would pay for the cake but I said 치사해요 so yeah.  Anyway....she asked me about Thursday/Friday and I told her whatever...I still have to think about this.  Now I'm on the subway about to get off...now.  The end.  Final exam tomorrow ㅠㅠ WAHH

No comments:

Post a Comment