Saturday, May 28, 2011

Up up and away in less than 30 days!

School is over in 2 days...which means my trip is only getting closer! 
So since I don't have anything fun to write about yet, here's just a list of 10 things that have to do with the trip:

1. I'll be at Columbia University in New York for 3 days for the PDO!! (Pre departure orientation)

2. The plane ride from NY to Seoul is approximately 18+ hours...I'm not exactly sure since it is around 18 hours from Chicago to Seoul so...

3. Incase you didn't read #2, I'll be in Seoul, which is the 2nd largest metropolitan area by population in the world and the 3rd largest urban area by population in the world...so yeah. Seoul (22,525,000) > Indianapolis (829,718) and just for a comparison- Chicago = 2,695,598 and New York City = 8,175,133...

4. I won't be in Indy for 50 (fiddy haha) days of summer
5. I'll be studying at Sogang University (서강대학교) ~ Super excited!

6. I don't know about my host family yet...hopefully I'll get that soon!

7. I'll be getting back the day before school starts...culture shock anyone?

8. Um...I'm supposed to be getting a pre-program language departure test before the 10th and they haven't contacted me back yet...problem?

9. Don't ask me to write a whole blog entry in Korean because a) You most likely will not be able to read it and b) I most likely will not be able to write it and c) Refer back to "b" and d) This keyboard is not very nice...

10. Hopefully I will find myself some computer access since I won't be able to to take my laptop (Sogang/Net Cafe anyone?) so that I can maintain this blog, upload pictures, do some vlogging (I need to set up an account first...), the whole shabang. 

Well...that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. YESHHH first comment!!!
    Here it goes:

    First, Diane, I would like to advise you to stretch your legs every couple of hours on the plane so you do not keel over dead when you first arrive in Seoul. Blood clots have been known to kill people on long flights. Beware. Now on to more pleasant topics: On the chance that you don't find Wi-Fi in such an industrialized city always remember that you can make vlogs and upload them later--hint hint ^^. Oh and you should take panoramic pictures of Seoul's skyline and send me them. I want to see this ginormous city! And please let's set up a FaceTime chat at least a couple of times a week while we are away. We could probably do it like lunch time my time and 10:00 PM your time...let me know!

    ~Kathleen

    ReplyDelete